GamePlan development is currently focusing on two areas:
The first performance enhancement to be released was the replacement of the graphics library which we use to render the Whiteboard. This has significantly increased the speed with which the Whiteboard is drawn.
Over the next two months, we will continue our focus on usability and performance, which will include the following enhancements:
- enhancements to the Plans list to show a small image of the Whiteboard, as well as information on the plan such as start date, end date, % complete, etc.
- Links on the Whiteboard will be able to be selected, making it simpler to edit the properties of a Link
- simplification of the properties panel to the right of the Whiteboard
- the performance of selecting items on the Whiteboard will be improved for large plans
- network traffic will be optimized when saving and retrieving plans
- the plan list for new users will show example plans, including a plan for how to learn GamePlan
- when hovering over an item on the Whiteboard, an info tip will show start date and end date and other time related data
Following the usability and performance enhancements, we will continue to add functionality to GamePlan. The following new features are upcoming:
- reporting directly to Excel
- reporting Slack for each task
- Links between groups
- Links between projects